AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will the a650, a750 and a850 series be discontinued?

The ln46a650 is not listed anymore in the Best Buy Canada's website.

So I visited Best Buy (Woodbridge, Ontario). Only the 40" and 52" models are listed..

I spoke with a sales associate he says the a650 will go on clearance pretty soon. Samsung won't be sending them anymore.

I wonder if the a750, a850 and a950 will have the same fate because of Samsung releasing new models in the next few weeks...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcohen /forum/post/15497537

I guess you didn't look very hard:

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/d...LN46A650A1FXZA

Wrong guess. I'm doing my homework mister.

Samsung's site can't be trusted, it has inconsistencies, they advertise the a850 in Canada as having 70000:1 and in the US it's 50000:1.

The fact is that Best Buy removed the 46" a650 from their website. It's likely the a750 and a850 will follow suit.

Anyone know something I don't?

·
Registered
6,040 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcohen /forum/post/15498060

Dude, you're cracking me up.

ops...

Guys, I meant Best Buy Canada's website! :|

Something's going on and they're not telling us!

·
Registered
29 Posts
lol, you are putting WAY too much faith in a BEST BUY consultant. Doesn't make much sense to me, I work in Sears in the electronics department and I wouldn't trust any associate at any major electronics retailer for information from actual companies. Our interaction is limited, what we know is what you know. Nothing much more.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
What mito is saying isn't beyond the pale, though.

The new models have been announced at CES and given a "first half of 2009" release frame, so the current models obviously will be discontinued pretty soon.

The real question is, will it be in a month or two, or not 'til late Spring?

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Of course they will eventually be phased out. It's not a conspiracy. Last year's models coexisted with the previous models in the stores for a small time. Why the hysteria???

Blame Canada?

·
Registered
196 Posts
OMG and here I was planning to hold off on buying a new 52" 650 until 2012 when the price will surely drop below $200. Is my strategery flawed??

·
Banned
1,244 Posts
They are trying to sell more of the 630 series but they still sell the 650 in-stores. Who knows why, but the BB and FS websites are never reliable. They always remove products or never add them (for example, they still don't have the XBR6 posted) While FS has the XBR7 70" posted and it's specs say that it only has 60hz refresh rate then state that it has Sony's Motionflow 120Hz technology. Quite contradicting and still wrong.

The only Canadian electronics site that's well up-to-date is probably Visions Electronics. ( www.visions.ca )

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My ln46a850 arrived Monday, will be delivered tomorrow.

The local dealer received several brand new units from Samsung: 46, 52, a650, a850, etc.

Therefore, myth busted!

/thread

·
Registered
24 Posts
...at a better price than $2500 CAD??? First of all, this model is much praised, but as difficult to find as the proverbial needle in the haystack.

I just registered and attempted to read as much as I could about this particular model, but am at a loss to find it at BB, FS, 2001 AV. Only Leons.ca offered it, but at a final sale price of $2499.

Since I'd really like the option of trying it out, I'm not interested in buying there.

Has anyone found a great price (with the 30 day return option available), or should I just buy the A750 at FS for $2600. ?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Obviously they will EVENTUALLY be discontinued as the new 09 models will arrive around June/July I believe. Either way they are reaching the latter part of their model run.

·
Registered
209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Cat /forum/post/15565667

Nope..... More likely, March/April (According to Samsung
)

Check this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_tVx...eature=channel

Regards

Welp, even more reason for them to have discontinuation sooner. A word of warning. Some places online tend to raise their prices a little while after new models come out. Not sure why, but they do. I guess they do it for those "lovers" of that particular model that can't get it anywhere else locally.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts