AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Home Theater Enthusiast
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When calibrating Color, should I leave Color Standard set to SMPTE-C and then measure or Change to HD and then measure?

Also below is the data I get from an unclaibrated White, using whats availible do you know what values I need to enter into the service menu?

Would it be:

White_L = 288

White_X = 318

White_Y = 334

Or

White_L = 1806

White_X = 318

White_Y = 334

??? (or neither)

·
Banned
3,587 Posts
SMPTE-C is standard def. If you use/measure that you have to use SD color targets which produce a slightly smaller color space than HD color. Presumably you want HD to be accurate so use HD in the projector and send HD targets when you are measuring.

I can't recall off the top of my head if you use f-L or cd/m2 for the luminance measurements. But you have a 50=50 chance of guessing right. Re-measure after the projector calculates the new calibrated settings. If you get bad results, you''ll measure the error and can simply convert the luminance measurement to the other units you didn't use, re-enter the xyY values and let the projector re-calculate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.