AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've had problem with my Samsung PS51E6500 now for a few weeks after doing a factory reset via the service menu. The picture went extremely dark and decided to develop a little bit of motion blur. After again reporting the fault to Samsung, they sent round one of their authorised engineers.

The guy came round this morning carrying a piece of paper and a pen. He sat infront of the screen and took a vague look for 2 minutes, checked the settings in the (normal) menu and checked the software. I had to show him with my own test patterns that the luminance was 'now' well below what it should be and also pointed out the blur problem which he acknowledged. He decided to tell me that there was nothing wrong with the TV to which I begged to differ as it wasn't performing as it did before the reset.

I'm just wondering, are these engineers meant to carry apparatus to check these problems and how are they supposed to check these problems properly? I'm not entirely sure a pen and paper is the norm.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts

Quote:
I've had problem with my Samsung PS51E6500 now for a few weeks after doing a factory reset via the service menu.
I've got to wonder about that. Do you mean the 'normal' menu or the service menu? If service, who accessed the service menu? If it was you, do you intend to pay for the damage you apparently did?

EDIT: Never mind. I see this is a cross-post without complete information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, no. I contacted Samsung with a problem with the SMART feature originally. To diagnose the problem they took me through a reset from the Service Menu themselves. The girl from Samsung gave me the correct combination of keys to be pressed on the remote over a phone call. Once the reset had been done it opened up a new can of worms and has created problems with the PQ.

I'm just wondering here, if the engineer should have carried out proper checks to diagnose the problems I'm getting now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.