Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Was at Best Buy and examined this new Samsung Axession 5.2 antenna. It looks like a Silver Sensor on steroids:

The swept wing antenna is encased.

Heavy duty mount -- looks like metal between the base and antenna.

Amplified.

Mostly gray in color with different shades of gray for accents.

Price -- $99.95 MSRP.

Antenna lead permanently attached.

Fairly large box -- it is already assembled.

I didn't have it out of it's box but if there is some way to mount this thing outdoors it looks like it might survive pretty well.

All in all, it looks kind of interesting but didn't buy it -- to me, it's just too much money for what I perceive as an amplified Silver Sensor. Plus, I don't like the antenna lead permanently attached. Of course that lead can probably be modified easily enough.

Best regards,

Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
Axessionâ„¢ - Consumer Electronic Accessory Line

Samsung America, Inc. - SamsungAmerica. com or

world wide web. samsungamerica. com / Graphics / axession. asp

new member so i am spacing so that i can post the URL.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't see much at the URL. No mention or description of the antenna. I do have the braided wire management "tube".

If there's anything to add or correct to my cursory description please let me know!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was curious after reading this thread and went to Best Buy and checked out the specs on the package. The gain spec is 20 db . That number seems high matching some powerful outdoor antennas. There seems to be no info on this antenna at all on the web other than this thread. SamSung has nothing on their website.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure what "Samsung Informant" was trying to do, the post is rather cryptic.

It does seem to be nicely made, and you're right, there is virtually no info. Even Best Buy doesn't list it (yet).

Maybe it's being test marketed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
From the Samsung America website:

Quote:
AXESSIONâ„¢ Products start to sell in Best Buy Stores

Ridgefield Park -- News -- 6/16/04 -- At the end of April AXESSIONâ„¢ product appeared on the shelves in Best Buy stores. The first product category is Wire Management product. 3 models HT4041, HT4044, HT4050 are now available . These products will help retail consumers make their audio/video wired cable neat and clean.

Compared to other wire management product out there today AXESSIONâ„¢ products are unique and advanced in both styling and ease of use.

The success of the product at the Best Buy stores have far exceeded our expectations. The stores can not get product quick enough from their DC’s to fill the customers demand.

In the weeks to come AXESSIONâ„¢ products such as HDTV Antenna, Universal Remotes, Wireless MP3 sender will be available in Best Buy Stores. Stay Tuned.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not much on the antenna except a mention. The infomation is quite old now. Unless one went to Best Buy, one would never know the antenna is even available.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Nitewatchman
Looks sort of like a interstate Highway sign on its side to me ... LOL ...
That's funny, it sure does!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I tried both the Samsung and the Silver Sensor and the Samsung worked better for me. On most channels I got 10-20% better reception with the Samsung. So I kept it and took the SS back. Yeah it was $60 more but I figured I'd take the increased reception over the money. Plus I prefered the swivel base that it has. Just feels better turning it to get different channels.

The attached wire could be a problem. It's not very long, maybe about 3 feet, but I guess if you need it to be longer you could always get an extender. Fortunately for me my HD tuner is on the top shelf of my rack so the top of my entertainment center isn't that far.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I decided to buy this antenna yesterday. It is the best indoor antenna for HDTV that I have used. I get all the major DTV stations in DC except the local UPN 20. (That station is almost impossible to get). The signal strength is very solid and stable. So far its holding its own against the antenna direct DB4.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.