AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really appareciate your assistance with this as I'm in a quandary about how to proceed.

(PS this is my first post on here so hello everyone!)

I purchased a Samsung 46" B6000 the other day at Best Buy for a good price, and took it home to try it out. It does have the "flashlighting" issues reported in all four corners and then some slight clouding in the lower left side and upper right hand side as well. After I lowered the backlight to around a 4 or 5 they became much less noticeable.

Overall I really enjoy the TV and I wasn't concerned so much with the internet connectivity as I have a Mac Mini hooked up as a full time HTPC.

I just noticed that the Sony EX700 though is on sale on Amazon for around $100 more than I paid for the same size Samsung B6000.

Anyone have any experience as to the quality of the picture on the Sony EX700 and if its side-lit LED has any flashlighting issues like the Samsung or if the picture is more uniform?

I'm within my initial return window and I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
anyone?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi RobotArt, I can tell you from personal experiance that your better off with the Sony EX700 tv because I own the 40" version of the B6000 and I have never have been more disappointed in a tv then the B6000 series.

And personally I am never gonna buy another Samsung tv ever again, their S-PVA panals are just plain inferior to the sharp panals that Sony is using in their EX700 series.

But if want more evidence just go to youtube.com and use the search term KDL-40EX700 and I can tell you right now from just watching the videos in 480p resolution mode that these tv's kick the Samsung B6000 series...Butt.

P.S. In case your wondering I'm selling my B6000 tv and getting EX700 tv myself, that's how sure I am of how much better they are.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have Sony 60ex700 and it is light years ahead of my previous 720p set and better than my fairly new toshiba. The sharp panels blow the samsung panels out of the water. I love this TV. CNET can say what it wants but the TV is very, very good. Go read the ex700 thread for more info.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
i would agree that the b6000 is the worst samsung i have had in my house and i've had samsungs for over 10 years. putting aside the flashlighting (which in my case only disappears if i set the backlight to 2 or 3 - which makes the pic very dim), the motion judder is terrible. everything i watch has this symptom and i have gotten very distracted when watching this display.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts