AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a pretty simple setup.. samsung bluray player hooked up to samsung b650 via HDMI. The first thing I noticed is that there is display lag... the audio comes out just a split second before the video on the TV. If I hook up my crappy stereo from 1995 to the blu-ray player via composite, then the audio matches up fine.

is there something I'm doing wrong, is this normal, or can I do something about it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
You have an HDMI lip-sync issue. Check out the HDMI site for possible cause and solutions.

What generation of Blu-ray player is your samsung blu-ray player? The lip-sync issue was addressed with the release of HDMI 1.3a. I would check on what versions of HDMI each device has, and see if there is a firmware update that address the issue.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
The problem with the HDMI standard is that manufacturers do not have to implement every feature available to that version. So even if your equipment is up to date, it doesn't mean that it will feature something like lip sync.

You may have to disable some of the video processing options to see if that helps. For example, if you turn on "Game" mode, does the audio sync up? Most people have receivers that let you set the audio delay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i found this thread on a search, i just wanted to share that i noticed some pretty bad lip sync on my Samsung B630 while viewing Watchmen BRD on the PS3. my setup is HDMI video to the tv, and optical audio to my receiver. The audio was noticeably ahead of the video. i turned the tv off then on and i think it helped but may have still been off a bit. i tried this because i thought i remembered reading somewhere that the order you turned the HDMI source and TV on matters somehow on some tv's, so having the source on and then turning the TV on seemed to help. hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.