AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are my two choices. I like both of these sets. I have a Panny 720p plasma. I like how the B750 looks and I am intrigued. I do like what is said about the V10. I have a Sony LCD also. Its a rear project but it looks very good. I'm no expert on plasma's or LCD's but would like some solid opinions. I know this is an LCD but would like some different points of view.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesnot /forum/post/16904201

These are my two choices. I like both of these sets. I have a Panny 720p plasma. I like how the B750 looks and I am intrigued. I do like what is said about the V10. I have a Sony LCD also. Its a rear project but it looks very good. I'm no expert on plasma's or LCD's but would like some solid opinions. I know this is an LCD but would like some different points of view.

I chose between these two, and the winner was B750. Why? There were a few reasons. Firstly I compared screen reflection and found that V10 was only slightly less reflective. On the other hand, while being a bit more reflective B750 can power through the reflections with its UC panel. There's no doubt a plasma will be great in darkness but let's face it: in a normal home you watch a lot of TV when there is at least some brightness in the room. Plasmas have a rep for looking washed up in bright rooms.

Then I compared motion resolution. People always say "Oh you gotta choose a plasma if you want motion to be natural looking... say when you watch sports and such". I compared the motion resolution of these two and found B750 no worse than V10 in that matter. Actually watching sports in HD I liked B750's PQ the best: the pic was bright, had vivid colours and generally looked more fresh and lively than the plasma pic.

Finally I looked at design. V10 is a clear improvement over G10 but it's doesn't have the same delicate atractiviness that Samsung LCDs have. Plus the stand of V10 (although it's nicer than G10s) is a bit ugly. Moreover, I found 46" to be my ideal screen size, and V10 doesn't do that. I guess I could've chosen 50V10 but didn't want to because of all the other things.

I have no doubt in my mind that V10 is an excellent television but for me B750 pretty much takes away every advantage that plasma technology has (at least to the avarage user) and does so with extremely low power consumption. You cannot go wrong with either of these tellys, but I chose B750 and am extremely happy.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Depends what your going to be doing with it ....the Samsung B750 has high input lag which makes it a no no for games, also the samsungs are poor at handling SD content, both of these are better handled in the pannys. Both are 1080p televisions and have very decent HD images, with edge probably going to the Samsung for slightly better motion handling. Plasma obviously uses more power & to be honest is not as bright as the B750, this brings us to environment, I really wouldn't suggest a plasma to anybody who doesn't have light controlled room/full HT install. Make no mistake while both have their strenghts & weakness, they are both brillient 1080p televisions & I'm really sure you would be happy with either. For my money I would yake the B750, its more versatile & I don't watch much SD or plays games so it would suite me better. I think that is the question all of have to abswer when we embark on a large purchase.

Cheers,

Jiff

·
Registered
30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiffOrange /forum/post/16904543

Depends what your going to be doing with it ....the Samsung B750 has high input lag which makes it a no no for games, also the samsungs are poor at handling SD content, both of these are better handled in the pannys. Both are 1080p televisions and have very decent HD images, with edge probably going to the Samsung for slightly better motion handling. Plasma obviously uses more power & to be honest is not as bright as the B750, this brings us to environment, I really wouldn't suggest a plasma to anybody who doesn't have light controlled room/full HT install. Make no mistake while both have their strenghts & weakness, they are both brillient 1080p televisions & I'm really sure you would be happy with either. For my money I would yake the B750, its more versatile & I don't watch much SD or plays games so it would suite me better. I think that is the question all of have to abswer when we embark on a large purchase.

Cheers,

Jiff

About SD on B750... Haven't the reviews said that it's one of the better SD-LCDs ever. If you read HDTVtest's review, they are saying it's about the best SD PQ they have seen in a non-plasma. My own experinces suggest the same although obviously if you watch a channel that has poor quality to begin with no telly can change that magically to awesomeness.

·
Registered
549 Posts
the panny, handles motion better atleast cnet, says so. I personally like the b750, but i go for the panny, better shadow details, better color's deeper black levels make it the clear winner. also 50inch vs 46inch! size matters, every inch. my only gripe with the panny, are the reflections
which aren't that bad. i say the b750, is the best cfl, back lite lcd but its not bye any means better than the v10 but its not far behind

cheers

·
Banned
518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesnot /forum/post/16904201

john and jiff gave good comments and opinions above. I would say, save some money and go for sammy, 52B750 http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN52B750-52-Inch-1080p-Charcoal/dp/B001VKY7WU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1248882206&sr=8-1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts