AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Samsung Pn58c8000 3d plasma. I researched the set for almost two months comparing it to other bundles, tvs, and prices. For what I want I think it will be awesome. I receive the television monday and I got to take home the c6900 3d blu ray player and the shrek 3d blu ray and glasses kit.

I currently own a Sony Ps3 and since I am currently unable to check, I was wanting to know if there would be a difference in the quality of 3d playback from the blu ray player as compared to the Ps3. I was hoping to sell the blu ray player on ebay to get roughly $200.

Thank you in advance for anyone that can help me with this!

Can't wait to get my tv on monday!!!!

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbimurhero /forum/post/19634747

I recently purchased a Samsung Pn58c8000 3d plasma. I researched the set for almost two months comparing it to other bundles, tvs, and prices. For what I want I think it will be awesome. I receive the television monday and I got to take home the c6900 3d blu ray player and the shrek 3d blu ray and glasses kit.

I currently own a Sony Ps3 and since I am currently unable to check, I was wanting to know if there would be a difference in the quality of 3d playback from the blu ray player as compared to the Ps3. I was hoping to sell the blu ray player on ebay to get roughly $200.

Thank you in advance for anyone that can help me with this!

Can't wait to get my tv on monday!!!!

The 3D Blu-ray player will let you view full HD 3D 1080p

but PS3 will only deliver 3D at 720p and that is half of full HD resolution.

So go for it and buy one.

I did and am very happy with it.

Mathew Orman

Edit: Disregard what is above.

It is the PS3 games which only run in half resolution.

My apologies.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icester /forum/post/19634970

The 3D Blu-ray player will let you view full HD 3D 1080p

but PS3 will only deliver 3D at 720p and that is half of full HD resolution.

So go for it and buy one.

I did and am very happy with it.

Mathew Orman

Please explain? Sony claims the PS3 plays Blu-ray3D discs in 1080P.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so it is the 3d games that cut the resolution?

that is very odd seeing as how the ps3 is often the definitive game console for hd gaming....

i guess if the movies stay at full resolution then there would be no reason to keep the 3d blu ray player....

i think i will make a little money off of it!

thanks guys!

·
Registered
638 Posts
The Samsung player will give you uncompressed audio/surround. The PS3 does not. If you have a high quality home theater system (speakers, etc.), the uncompressed audio may give you an advantage. If you have a home theater in a box or cheap speakers, uncompressed audio probably won't do a whole lot for you.

·
Registered
638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icester /forum/post/19636378

That is good news since last time I got involved in PS3 3D game performance discussion it was still 720p.

I am wrong again.

My apologies.

Mathew Orman

is it really 1080p or is it just upsampling to 1080p? I thought most games were rendered 720p or lower.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.