AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased this item on Amazon.com since it is the first 3d player that has built-in 2d to 3d conversion (my Panny plasma don't not have this feature). First of all it's one great looking player that is very slim and can be wall mounted.

However, the 2d to 2d conversion left alot to be desired. It boosted the center 1/3rd of the screen and pushed backed the top and bottom 1/3rd of the picture. I know that this conversion can never be as good a true 3d but I have seen better 2d to 3d conversion built into both the Samsung and Sony 3D TV's.

I an returning it for a refund.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have this player (BD-D7500 Samsung) and the 2010 model Samsung un55c8000 TV. The 2D to 3D conversion works fine, at least as good as the TV's. Maybe there is a compatibility problem with your Panasonic TV. By the way my problem with crosstalk has been significantly reduced, very close to eliminated.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robut /forum/post/20288217

I have this player (BD-D7500 Samsung) and the 2010 model Samsung un55c8000 TV. The 2D to 3D conversion works fine, at least as good as the TV's. Maybe there is a compatibility problem with your Panasonic TV. By the way my problem with crosstalk has been significantly reduced, very close to eliminated.

good news; how has the crosstalk been improved on your Samsung TV?

·
Registered
349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bontrager /forum/post/20288905

good news; how has the crosstalk been improved on your Samsung TV?

When I added the Samsung BD-D7500 i rewatched "How To Train A Dragon", the disk sent with the TV with underwater stuff and A film about Mummies and Pyramids and other 3D films. I was completely and painfully aware of where the crosstalk was. To my utter surprise it was gone, I watched over and over under different lighting and with the same default settings my old BD-D6800 Blu-ray had. I never would have guessed in 100 years changing the player would fix crosstalk. Now I can watch a whole Movie or 3D on Comcast and maybe see crosstalk once very subtly and believe me I look for it all the time because I was upset about it. i was shocked they could sell something like my $3000 un55c8000 Samsung TV with a flaw like this. But, I have to adamantly state this is no longer the case. I am very satisfied by my equipments 3D performance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts