1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
24,034 Posts
I decided on the LG 200 unit since I just need to put in in the discs and just hit PLAY. No receiver or anything else involved. Just straight to our Family room plasma and outdoor theater PJ. If the 5000 played most of the titles (or all) without issue I would have gotten it instead. I really think they should just pull the plug on it today instead of waiting until May.

·
Banned
11,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod /forum/post/12926778

I decided on the LG 200 unit since I just need to put in in the discs and just hit PLAY. No receiver or anything else involved. Just straight to our Family room plasma and outdoor theater PJ. If the 5000 played most of the titles (or all) without issue I would have gotten it instead. I really think they should just pull the plug on it today instead of waiting until May.

Hey, fortunately for us, you don't work for Samsung. I eagerly await your forthcoming bitching about the BH200, which is not a problem-free device either. The BD-UP5000 consensus so far shows there are only 5 discs where playback problems prevent one from watching the feature.

·
Premium Member
24,034 Posts
So 5 titles? What about up and coming newer releases? What about after they discontinue the unit? I posted I only need the LG unit to play titles. Not worry about audio or anything else. Do you think the samsung would be better just doing that?

·
Premium Member
24,034 Posts
And if I did work for Samsung, I would have BETA tested the hell out of the unit before it was released. So UNFORTUNATELY for you I do NOT work for them.

·
Banned
11,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod /forum/post/12927254

So 5 titles? What about up and coming newer releases? What about after they discontinue the unit? I posted I only need the LG unit to play titles. Not worry about audio or anything else. Do you think the samsung would be better just doing that?

Look no further than the BH100 to see that this hardware also required firmware upgrades just to play back titles.

·
Premium Member
24,034 Posts
So best suggestion is to forget any dual player and just get the A30 and Panny BD30? I really wanted a dual unit so I had less to carry when I set up my outdoor movie theater. Plus the Family room would be much easier for the family to use if it was a Dual. Damn, can't anyone get this player right?

·
Registered
687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod /forum/post/12927334

So best suggestion is to forget any dual player and just get the A30 and Panny BD30? I really wanted a dual unit so I had less to carry when I set up my outdoor movie theater. Plus the Family room would be much easier for the family to use if it was a Dual. Damn, can't anyone get this player right?

I think you still have a few more months to go before you need to be concerned with your outdoor theater

·
Premium Member
24,034 Posts
I do. I am more concerned about getting a Dual player for our Family room. I guess I could confuse things more and put two players there but it would be much easier on the Wife it I could just get a Dual...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Joerod

I returned mine because I already had an A35 and BD30. I figure I can buy a new one if all the bugs are worked out or wait for a new model. I do not need analog outs or even the Reon since I use a Video processor.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I never understood why some people get overcome with a warm and fuzzy feeling whenever manufacturer X announces upcoming firmware release.

So what ? It'll fix playback issues with 1/2 dozen designated titles.

It doesn't seem to fix the inherent engineering flaws. Meaning, when a fresh bunch of " difficult " titles hits the market - you'd be back to square one.

Samsung took its sweet-arse time releasing this player ( anybody counted those push-backs ? ) , so when finally it begins to show up @ retailers for $800 we the consumers find out this thing has more issues than Britney Spears.

Here's my question: we do they even get the balls ?

And to rub it in further, now they want to kill the player 5 months into market intro.

I can do without the cranked-up gamma on my BH200. Guess what ?

I can't replace it with the Sammy DF machine 'cause that'll be not unlike buying a used Renault

1 - 15 of 15 Posts