1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
154 Posts
i just updated. i never had any problems before. and dont have any after the update. fox titles still take forever to load.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just updated my player with the new firmware 1.5,and since i done that résident evil 1 and 3 dont start,dawn! before this update resident evil 1 &3 was ok,how i can go back to firmware 1.2 ?

anybody can help me to resolved that problem ?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone confirm the new 1.5 firmware is running the BD at 23.98 instead of 24Hz?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman184 /forum/post/12915069

i just updated. i never had any problems before. and dont have any after the update. fox titles still take forever to load.

I just played Fox title 28 weeks later it loaded in less than a minute but Day After Tomorrow took about 1:30. I guess it depends on the menu system how much Java is used because these players probably dont have that much memory

·
Registered
169 Posts
Loaded 1.5 yesterday, watched 28 Days Later and Apocalypto w/24f set ON.

Both worked flawlessly.

No other problems to report.

Did the upgrade via LAN as I wasn't having much luck burning the .RUF file (I had no trouble burning 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2).

Looks like a good upgrade to me!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Keep the updates coming guys. Let's see if this update fixes this player...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I timed a few SD dvd's before and after upgrade from 1.3 to 1.5 and got no noticeable improvement on load times. If it is faster, it's not more than 1sec.

If someone could report on bluray discs load times before/after, that might confirm they did not improve things relative to slowness.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I checked Superbad, fine, R.Evil 1 and 3 and play fine, flawlessly.

The Day after tomorrow, the first time I put, display "This disc cant be played"
...and expulse the disc...I close the tray again and this time load ok, the load time is longer, but played flawlessly.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendergender /forum/post/12919267

I checked Superbad, fine, R.Evil 1 and 3 and play fine, flawlessly.

The Day after tomorrow, the first time I put, display "This disc cant be played"
...and expulse the disc...I close the tray again and this time load ok, the load time is longer, but played flawlessly.

All with firmware 1.5 ??

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe everyone should post their manufacture date on back of player to see If it is a problem with that certain time it was made. Mine was made Oct 2007 and have played many movies about 20 BD without any problems besides the occasional stutter until I put ver. 1.5 and so far it fixes all the stutter problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. I've been having a bit of trouble getting this update installed. I keep creating what I think are good .iso's, but ulitmately result in a "No Disc" error when I try to upgrade.

I am using a mac and I have searched the thread. So far, all I have seen are "it worked for me" posts, but I have not had that experience at all. Any other people with macs get an upgrade to work?

You help is much appreciated.

Mike

·
Registered
101 Posts
mapott00, what media are you burning to and are you burning the ISO file as an image or just burning the ISO file to a disc?

As for the update itself, I successfully updated just now with the ISO file and a CD-R and the update does not fix issue with Java menus, I cannot use the Disc Menu button or resume after a stop on 3:10 to Yuma, haven't tried any others yet. Other than the 1080/24p stutter this is all I wanted fixed in this update and they didn't fix it!

·
Registered
171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfmlb /forum/post/12920290

Maybe everyone should post their manufacture date on back of player to see If it is a problem with that certain time it was made. Mine was made Oct 2007 and have played many movies about 20 BD without any problems besides the occasional stutter until I put ver. 1.5 and so far it fixes all the stutter problems.

Mine is 2007.08

·
Registered
2 Posts
Firefly,

I am burning to a CD-R using Disk Utility. After the file is downloaded from the website, it is auto unpacked as an ISO to the documents directory. I then select that file and burn that image (.iso) to a CD-R using Disk Utility.

After that process, I get a coaster and an error on the player, "No Disc" when inserted.

Obviously, I am doing something wrong, but I am at a loss. Unfortunately, I don't have a windows box at home or the ability to load iso burning software at work...

Mike

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sorry for your troubles Mike, that is frustrating, I'm not familiar with that software but here's what I found to burn ISOs in it: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...60619181010389

If the steps listed are the ones you're using I'd try to get someone to burn the ISO in Nero, that's what I use and it works fine for all of my players. There are other apps mentioned around the forums too, maybe someone else has a working Mac app to recommend.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts