AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I seeing 'things'. ? I saw an HLN507W ( made in Mexico ) at Frye's and the bezel looked to be 'medium to dark gray'. I then went to CC and viewed an HLN437W and the bezel appeared to be 'black'. Has anyone else noticed this or are my eyes playing tricks on me.

Dick

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
and the HLN567W I saw next to it had a silver bezel with dark gray speakers.

There seems to be quite a bit of color shifting going on, perhaps based on manufacturing date. I do know that the 46" and 56" are supposed to have silver bezels. The 50" and 61" supposedly have black (as is the case for all I've seen). This dark gray bezel is news to me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
They seem to be mining a lot of grey plastic in Mexico, these days. I've read in other threads of examples of the grey plastic speaker grilles on HLN467/567Ws manufactured in Mexico (all have the ultra-thin silver bezel). This is the first I've heard of an HLN507W with a grey bezel. Curiouser and curiouser.:eek:

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by yuntrips
This is the first I've heard of an HLN507W with a grey bezel. Curiouser and curiouser.:eek:
All HLN437/507/617 sets that I have ever seen have a dark chacoal gray bezel. That's in nine different stores. If Samsung has switched to a black bezel for these models it's something new.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by htwaits
All HLN437/507/617 sets that I have ever seen have a dark chacoal gray bezel. That's in nine different stores. If Samsung has switched to a black bezel for these models it's something new.
OK. I'll concede that the bezel most people refer to as black, could also be called charcoal grey, and yes, virtually all HLN437/507/617W models use this color for the bezel. My point being that charcoal grey and black would be interchangeable terms in this discussion.

I think the 'medium' grey that the original poster is referring to is just that... medium grey. It could never be mistaken for anything like 'charcoal' grey. The old post I'm referencing (I wish I could find it) includes a picture of either a HLN467W or 567W with a speaker grille in this much lighter shade of grey. If that color is now showing up on bezels, then that's a departure from the norm.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just got a 507 with 302 firmware and its bezel is lighter than I expected. Its not what I would call charcoal, its considerably lighter than the screen when its off.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Now that's a graphic worth stealing. :D

I've never been able to tell a thing from pictures about shades of gray and black.

The HLN467 demo sets in our area have speaker grills as black as a Pioneer Elite. On the other hand the HLN567 demo sets have speaker grills with the same charcoal gray color we have seen on the bezel of all HLN437/507/617 sets.

In other areas the HLN567 has been reported to have the same black speaker grill we see on the HLN467.

The HLN467/567 demos that I have seen are from the very first shipment of that model. The second shipment is due in soon and at least one store must put up a new demo because they sold the original one.

I'm interested to find out what the speaker grill color will be when they put out a new demo.

As for the HLN437/507/617 bezel showing up with a lighter bezel, I wonder if it's to reduce the perceived difference in color between bezel and speaker grill (silver) on those sets. Time "may" tell, or Samsung may have come up with a new marketing strategy -- constant change.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.