AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung LN40B550 and recently just did some changes to the calibration settings. Now when I have the TV turned on for that source (The cable) and when the cable is not on, just the tv, there is a blue strip down the left side of the screen. It is not there when I have my cable turned on though. Any ideas on why this happened?

·
Registered
4,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfacta82 /forum/post/18131994

I have a Samsung LN40B550 and recently just did some changes to the calibration settings. Now when I have the TV turned on for that source (The cable) and when the cable is not on, just the tv, there is a blue strip down the left side of the screen. It is not there when I have my cable turned on though. Any ideas on why this happened?

you didnt enter the service menu did ya?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't think so. Just edited the advanced settings and stuff in the menu. The guy had me change the rgb gains in one of the menus. But like I said, it doesn't appear when I was watching something on it, just when the source was turned off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't upload a picture right now...but it is just a dark blue line about a quarter of an inch down the left side of the screen. The other day after watching something on it the line was cut in half, so it was only the bottom half of the screen. Should I be worried about this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had the tv for almost a year now, I'm not sure what kind of warranty it has on it. If it isn't affecting anything I use it for, should I get it replaced just to be safe? Will it lead to other problems?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.