AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a samsung pn58b550 last week and while the picture is amazing I am having problems with how bright it is. I upgraded from a small lcd and even though it sucked, I liked the tv. I am considering taking the plasma back and buying the ln55b650 or possibly the 55LH40. I want a brighter picture and this samsung has the infamous buzz. Will I regret this choice?

·
Registered
48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineshot /forum/post/18143854

I bought a samsung pn58b550 last week and while the picture is amazing I am having problems with how bright it is. I upgraded from a small lcd and even though it sucked, I liked the tv. I am considering taking the plasma back and buying the ln55b650 or possibly the 55LH40. I want a brighter picture and this samsung has the infamous buzz. Will I regret this choice?

I initially purchased a Panasonic U Series Plasma to replace my 720P Plasma. I had to return it because it had a green tint and it was too dark. I returned it. I then went to the opposite spectrum and purchased the Samsung 6000 Series LED, mainly because of it's extreme brightness. Well, it sucked. Faded angle viewing, blurred action and a halo of blur caused me to return it. I purchased the Samsung 850 Plasma and I love it! It has an amazing picture and has more picture adjustment "knobs" than most people will ever need. It is almost as bright as the LED I returned but it doesn't have any of the problems I had with the LED.

Ultimately, if you end up having problems then you will possibly regret the purchase but, if it works like it is designed, you should love it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.