AVS Forum banner

Does your samsung buzz with a home theatre system or soundbar?

• Yes - It still has the buzz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - It no longer has the buzz

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering for those of you who have a samsung plasma that has the buzz, how many are running some type of home theatre system, or at least a soundbar. If you are running a home theatre system or soundbar do you still hear the buzz?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
There's no choice if it doesn't buzz at all

·
Registered
958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panaman88 /forum/post/18143168

Can you explain what this buzz sounds like...? I've never heard one of these samsungs buzz but hear a lot of talk about them.

Thanks.

It's similar to the 60Hz ground loop noise that can occur with Hi-Fi (60Hz buzz coming from speaker), but with some higher frequency components.

How about one of you guys connect a microphone to a computer/laptop and record the noise for all to hear?!
Most all large flat panels make some sort of operational noise to some degree. It's been my experience that plasmas are the loudest of the bunch - one item on my checklist of why I didn't buy a plasma.

Remember, SD CRTs emit a loud 15kHz squeel from their flyback transformers...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Oh that explains it.

If you don't hear the buzz, great. If you spend a couple more weeks on the forum you will automatically hear the buzz if you own a samsung...it just kinda happens.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My PN50B650 was manufactured in Jan. '10, no buzz. There is a slight buzz if you stick your head behind the TV, but that is to be expected with plasmas I believe.

I can sit in my room with no sound, turn the volume all the way down and I hear no buzz. If I'm running the break-in DVD, I have to turn the sound up about halfway before I hear any noise, and that's with the stock speakers. I have no buzz with my current 3.1 setup either.

So far, I've been loving my set. Thank God I hear no ambient buzzing!

·
Banned
215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve44 /forum/post/18143246

Oh that explains it.

If you don't hear the buzz, great. If you spend a couple more weeks on the forum you will automatically hear the buzz if you own a samsung...it just kinda happens.

I guess kinda like the panny "BLack levels RIsing"

When are people going to realize TV's are like Human-beings not everyone and everything is created equal.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It shouldn't matter what kind of sound setup you run. Anything that increases the volume and gives you some low bass should drown out the buzz.

·
Registered
222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj281 /forum/post/18191320

Bump. We have pretty good ration that shows that a home theatre system could drown out the buzz. Let's get some more votes and feedback. Thanks

Drowning it out doesn't mean it's not there. Sure, everyone could drown it out, but that's obvious and would make this poll pointless. I thought the question was if hooking it up to an HT would eliminate the problem...though I can't see how it would. Whether the HDMI is from the cable box, bluray, or AVR, it's one HDMI in.

·
Registered
242 Posts
why would you post this poll? You asked this question a few times in the buzz thread and you know the buzz has nothing to do with whether you use a HT System or not. The buzz is from the tv panel, not speakers. Yes, you can use an HT system to drown out the buzz on loud scenes, but on dialogue scenes or quiet scenes, if you have the buzz, you will still hear it with alternating brightness.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is the buzz the tv buzzing? or does it come thru the speakers? If you are playing through home theater receiver does the "buzz" come thru the speakers or is it something that if the sound is loud enough, you cant hear the buzz?

·
Registered
31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heron25 /forum/post/18191467

why would you post this poll? You asked this question a few times in the buzz thread and you know the buzz has nothing to do with whether you use a HT System or not. The buzz is from the tv panel, not speakers. Yes, you can use an HT system to drown out the buzz on loud scenes, but on dialogue scenes or quiet scenes, if you have the buzz, you will still hear it with alternating brightness.

Exactly.

You can drown it out with the internal speakers, too, but this poll is meaningless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Activefun /forum/post/18191987

Is the buzz the tv buzzing? or does it come thru the speakers? If you are playing through home theater receiver does the "buzz" come thru the speakers or is it something that if the sound is loud enough, you cant hear the buzz?

It's the TV, not the speakers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.