AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to purchase samsung c8000 and found site selling the "c8000 with Faroudja" for more than the standard c8000. Is it worth it ? Warranty ? Who installs the Faroudja - I called samsung and they said they do no make it with Faroudja ? Any input is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
Display: TCL 65R617, AVR: Denon X2300W, Source: PS4 Pro, Fronts: Infinity Primus 250
3,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O /forum/post/19543400

Sounds like a made up name or special from one of the sites since I dont see that in the system thats why samsung could not find it

Its not a made-up name. Faroudja is a scaling chip found in AV receivers. I've never heard of them being put into an HDTV. I don't even know if it would be possible unless the TV is made to accept scaler chips. I could see one of the manufacturers making a deal with Faroudja, but haven't heard anything at this juncture.

·
Banned
4,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite /forum/post/19543697

Its not a made-up name. Faroudja is a scaling chip found in AV receivers. I've never heard of them being put into an HDTV. I don't even know if it would be possible unless the TV is made to accept scaler chips. I could see one of the manufacturers making a deal with Faroudja, but haven't heard anything at this juncture.

I understand I was just saying that its not a valid bundle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually there are a few TV sites that advertise using Faroudja with Samsung. An older model also used to be sold by Samsung with Faroudja chips:

Samsung LN52A630PK 52" Inch 1080p Series 6 LCD HDTV With Faroudja Chipset

I just ordered an LED-LCD 3D UNC7000 240 mhz and they upgraded me to include the Faroudja. It could be a scam, but I spoke with the person 3X, and I researched the HDTVs. I'm still researching to find out. The site I bought the upgraded TV from is below:

bargainmendotcom

(this model was upgraded to include the Faroudja chip set for 200.00 bucks more. If it is a scam, they could be sued, especially if I reject the credit card payment- although it seems to me the web site is legitimate. My question is when I receive the TV how will I know it has Faroudja technology, since I heard it was a bit better, but not completely recognizable.

·
Registered
511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversurfer33 /forum/post/19605107

Actually there are a few TV sites that advertise using Faroudja with Samsung. An older model also used to be sold by Samsung with Faroudja chips:

Samsung LN52A630PK 52" Inch 1080p Series 6 LCD HDTV With Faroudja Chipset

I just ordered an LED-LCD 3D UNC7000 240 mhz and they upgraded me to include the Faroudja. It could be a scam, but I spoke with the person 3X, and I researched the HDTVs. I'm still researching to find out. The site I bought the upgraded TV from is below:

bargainmendotcom

(this model was upgraded to include the Faroudja chip set for 200.00 bucks more. If it is a scam, they could be sued, especially if I reject the credit card payment- although it seems to me the web site is legitimate. My question is when I receive the TV how will I know it has Faroudja technology, since I heard it was a bit better, but not completely recognizable.

I just checked their site - this tv is no longer there.

Other tvs with Farouja don't say anything about any benefits of the chip.

Looks like they put in a key word to get some hits/extra sales. If it was really a benefit, there should be some writeup on it there.

·
Registered
959 Posts
There's no way they "upgraded" the TV with a new scaler chip, no way at all. Not only is it probably impossible, it would certainly void the warranty. There's an off chance they're bundling the TV with an external scaler but I highly doubt it. 99.99% scam.

That site doesn't come up on reseller ratings. I'd cancel your order and buy from a more verifiably reputable vendor - one of the AVS sponsors, Amazon, B&H, Onecall, etc.

jeff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts