AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've been at this for ages trying to figure out whats wrong. I have a 22" Samsung LED UE22D5003BW and as written in the title, blue looks purple. Some shades of blue look ok but if i look at the main red, blue and green colours blue looks very purple. I done the calibration with a checkered image and it says success but the blue still looks purple. I'll attach an image of what I mean.

When I press calibration and there's blue on screen it actually turns blue temporarily until calibration is done and it just goes purple again. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
17,490 Posts
How are you calibrating? With a disk alone (which isn't a calibration), with a light meter and software, by eye?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How are you calibrating? With a disk alone (which isn't a calibration), with a light meter and software, by eye?
Thanks for replying. I haven't been manually calibrating i was just using auto hdmi calibration and that was the result. I did find out though that turning the sub brightness down lower makes it start turning blue but the picture gets much darker too. Just that I have a 40L1333 toshiba 40" tv and all them colours are really blue on it and are really purple on the samsung.

Here's a picture attached using my laptop of the same webpage to show how the colours are supposed to look.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,490 Posts
Are you doing that thru the normal user accessible controls or are you getting into the Service Menu (not recommended) to make adjustments?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had to use the service menu the colours were way worse than they are now all of them were wrong. Brown was nearly red blue was even more purple andeverything looked really pink but now it's only the blue and turning the brightness down low fixes blue colour. I have no idea why it's just weird other TVs don't turn purple with the brightness settings and it wasn't even set high it was 45 of 100.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts