AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished a calibration on a 50" Samsung DLP. I used the DVE to calibrate the user settings for the DVD player and a Sencore VP300 for the high definition input. Color temp was set to warm1 and video noise reduction was turned off. The difference in picture was night and day just from adjusting the user controls. Screen temp read about 11,000 degrees at 80IRE and 8500 and 30IRE. After calibration they were both holding at about 6500. I was impressed with the fact that this model set holds its color temp well from 20 to 100IRE. When finished there was a marked improvement in color acuracy, more detail and contrast in the low end, and overall a more pleasant picture. The DVD's looked good, but a better DVD player would have looked even better. TWC's Monday Night Football was impressive and the high definition loop was awesome. The customer was extremely satisfied. For those that want to know..

RDRV 125 to 160

BDRV 125 to 92

RCUT 130 to 117

BCUT 129 to 142

I have seen issues with Samsungs larger sets that I read about in the forum, but for the most part I think their 42"and 50" are great televisions that should make most people really happy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.