AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own this set and care to share their thoughts? Does it perform better than D6400 or D6900? Been keeping an eye on this set and like that it doesn't have the duck feet stand.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Here's my only comment on this set:

I have tried several of the 2011 Samsung LED sets, including the 6400, the 6900, and the 7050. I have now gone wiht a Smasung plasma instead, as I just can't stand all the issues with these new LEDs - the horrible banding, the terrible flashlighting (the 7050 included), and the bizarre motion issues that vary from channel to channel and source to source, including having to make a choice between stuttering and the dreaded "soap opera effect".

I will say, out of the 3 LEDs I mentioned above, I liked the look of the 7050 the best. The bezel was awesome, and it came with a gorgeous BLACK GLASS stand that no other model comes with. It also had an improved on-screen interface over the other models, with animated icons. If you are insisting on getting a Samsung LED, this is the one to get if you can - it's a gorgeous set with a bright image and the color, once adjusted, is beautiful. But in the end I couldn't accept all the drawbacks with these sets.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up getting the D6900, which is ok but I'm not blown away. I will probably try the D7050 to see any noticeale upgrade in 2D performance. First I've heard about improved UI for Smart Hub, but looking forward to checking it out.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts