AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help.... The more I read the more confused I get. I intend to by Plasma TV in two weeks. From what I can decipher, the Samsung sterns are peeling however have the best color. The Panasonic VT30 have great black levels but the screen dims. This is my set-up: Have two TV's in house and will be updating DirecTV to high definition whole house set up. The primary television will be in the living room and I sit about 6 1/2 feet from TV. trying to decide between the 59 inch Samsung D8000 and the Panasonic 55 inch VT30. Which should I pick???? Please, any help appreciated

·
Registered
16,164 Posts
Both have great PQ. CNET preferred the D8000 overall, but preferred the VT30 slightly for PQ. As you state, they thought Sammy color was slightly better, but black levels were better on the Panny. You need to look at them in stores to see which you prefer (nobody can tell you which one you will prefer). IMO, reliability and customer service are better with Panasonic (and I have owned 2 Samsung HDTVs and 2 Panasonic HDTVs over the past several years).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.