AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone here that has this HDTV or similar model working with 3D thru D* PLEASE help me out here.

I have my HTPC and my HDTV running thru HDMI3/DVI - but to run the HTPC I must switch thru my AVR to BD - then I can watch limited TV thru WMC7 and my 3D Function is Available to turn On or OFF.

When I chose to watch my D* I must choose TV/SAT thru my AVR......BUT I do lose the ability to turn 3D On or OFF when I am watching TV this way.

My 64 dollar ?: I am now about ready to make the plunge and purchase the TRU3D Adapter Kit [the do it yourself instructions here - too tech for me]......so, right now D* does not see my HDTV as 3D capable, so their 3D channels are not even in my guide. So - I assume that when one adds this kit into the equation then D* sees my set as 3D capable and then I have access to their 3D channels - RIGHT? If this is correct....what about the ability to turn 3D Mode On and OFF on my HDTV and change modes from 1 to 2? Will it then be working too?

Thanks alot for any explanation, michael

·
Registered
6,976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberized /forum/post/19636102

Would someone here that has this HDTV or similar model working with 3D thru D* PLEASE help me out here.

I have my HTPC and my HDTV running thru HDMI3/DVI - but to run the HTPC I must switch thru my AVR to BD - then I can watch limited TV thru WMC7 and my 3D Function is Available to turn On or OFF.

When I chose to watch my D* I must choose TV/SAT thru my AVR......BUT I do lose the ability to turn 3D On or OFF when I am watching TV this way.

My 64 dollar ?: I am now about ready to make the plunge and purchase the TRU3D Adapter Kit [the do it yourself instructions here - too tech for me]......so, right now D* does not see my HDTV as 3D capable, so their 3D channels are not even in my guide. So - I assume that when one adds this kit into the equation then D* sees my set as 3D capable and then I have access to their 3D channels - RIGHT? If this is correct....what about the ability to turn 3D Mode On and OFF on my HDTV and change modes from 1 to 2? Will it then be working too?

Thanks alot for any explanation, michael

Once you get the Mits adapter, you'll need to either reprogram your Samsung's EDID to match a Mits, or get the EDID adapter also.

After that is done, you shouldn't have any problems.

Also, the difference between Mode 1 and Mode 2 is simply to reverse the order of frames. If the 3D doesn't look right in Mode 1, Mode 2 should fix it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts