Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all -

great forums! great people!

anyway, have a Samsung DLP HLM5065W and a Samsung SIRT151 HDTV receiver...

here's the problem:

anything i watch on HDTV has a MAJOR pink/magenta tone to it - no way to compensate - matter of fact - if i goto settings and reduce the COLOR to ZERO, it's still there -

i've replaced the set AND the receiver and yet i still have the problem....

other input sources (prog DVD player, DSS/TiVo, etc) work fine - its just the HDTV source (which, btw, am using thru Component 3).

any ideas? at end of my rope. pink may work to sedate prisoners in jail, but is lousy as an overall color scheme for settings.

ooo ooo ooo - one more thing while im here:

calibrating the color: will each input maintain it's own setting? will they ever get erased? I'm setting this up for my parents and would be nice if they didn't have to go thru the setup process say if the power goes out, etc).

and i used the AVIA disc to do the DVD input (component 2) - so if i wanted to calibrate all the ports, i would have to plug the DVD player into each port separately? and if done that way - does that mean that the calibration for THAT port is now calibrated for that DVD player or will it be nice for the DSS, HDTV, etc)....

thanx in advance

g.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Sorry, I don't know what is causing your color problem. Maybe it's related to your HD receiver?

As for the input calibrations with Avia, I don't own a Sammy, so I'm not sure how the memory settings work, but with my Hitachi, each input has to be calibrated individually. Rather than hooking up the DVD player to each input, I just wrote down my settings from the input that I calibrated, and then set each of the other inputs to match those. Of course, the signal that I receive from my other sources doesn't exactly match those from my DVD player, so I have to eyeball it a bit from the Avia settings.

Not sure if this helps, but at least it will jump your posting back up to the top of the list, where someone smarter than me may see it! :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Been using the same set of component cables all along?

All progrraming on this input bad, including SD?

If yes to both, I'd say the green input may be faulty. I don't see this happening after you replaced components. If you haven't done so, try a new set of cables.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Good advice.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally posted by FishBulb
Been using the same set of component cables all along?

All progrraming on this input bad, including SD?

If yes to both, I'd say the green input may be faulty. I don't see this happening after you replaced components. If you haven't done so, try a new set of cables.

BINGO - it was the Blue cable that was intermittent (of course it was the one behind the wall... always is) I guess i was in a bit of denial anyway, since it actually was easier to replace the receiver than to deal with cables in the wall (the tv was replaced because its bulb went out and the dealer just replaced the set)

thanx everyone for all your help.

sorry i didn't explain things thoroughly enough!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.