AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke to 2 of my friends that are at 2 of the largest stores for bigscreens and was told by one, and confirmed by the other that the new DLP's by Samsung are having some serious reliability problems, and they are also having trouble finding the problems and fixing them because the problems don't relate to just one or two things, but several different problems and causes.

They also confirmed that the rumors of Pioneer Elite getting out of the RPTV business are pretty much completely true and a done deal at this point. They will keep doing plasma's. Both dealers also confirmed stilll allot of service issue's on units not alligning, or holding it, and focus getting out of whack on it's own with no reason, and that they still don't have many people locally that can fix them, and in many cases have to fly someone in.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Since I own an HLN617W and have not experienced any focus or alignment issues, and I don't think I've read any posts about these issues, I wonder how serious this problem is. I would think that the members of this forum would have at least some insight into these issues. I have seen people mention images being offset by a small amount that (I think) can be adjusted by going into the service menu, but I've considered that to be something different than alignment. Have I missed something else?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gakon
Have I missed something else?
I think you missed when he started talking about the Pioneer Elite and not the Samsung :)

- pink

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Addicted Help!!

They also confirmed that the rumors of Pioneer Elite getting out of the RPTV business are pretty much completely true and a done deal at this point.
Funny, considering how some places like onecall are now posting information about the new Pioneer RPTV's on their websites.

So I guess that means the rumors of their demise. Is just that, rumors and nothing more.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
If you are not sure you understand the original message do a search on "Addicted Help!!". That will clear everything up for you. :rolleyes: ;)

·
2,432 Posts
It is well know here that Pio is getting out of the RPTV world. Just after they got that ISF classification!

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Barrybud
It is well know here that Pio is getting out of the RPTV world. Just after they got that ISF classification!
Maybe, but explain this then. As I thought the same thing before I seen this, notice the "I" after the HD.

As this years models were "HD's" only after the number.

http://www.onecall.com/PID_21076.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.