AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Samsung 567 and an Xbox with Monster component video cables. I read a thread on this forum where some people said that they got the Xbox to work properly plugged into Component 2 or 3. I'm not having any luck. I plugged in to Video 1 and without a disc in the Xbox, selected Widescreen. If I plug in to Component 1, the Xbox works fine. No luck with Component 2 or 3. Can I do something to allow me to plug my Xbox into the other component inputs? Are there any other Xbox video setup options that I need to enable? Also, my progressive scan DVD player only plays in Component 1. If it is 480p, why won't it play properly with the other Component inputs?

One last question. If I purchase a Yamaha RX-V2400 AV receiver (with HD component video switching), can I plug both the Xbox and the DVD player into it and then run a single cable from the Yamaha into Component 1?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Doug Brown
... I plugged in to Video 1 and without a disc in the Xbox, selected Widescreen. If I plug in to Component 1, the Xbox works fine. No luck with Component 2 or 3...
Besides setting the widescreen option, you also need to select yes for 480p/720p/1080i.

·
Registered
366 Posts
But you still won't be able to see the dashboard.

·
Registered
963 Posts
The XBox dashboard only runs at 480i, and thus will only be viewable in Component 1. However, with the system set to run 720p you will need to have it plugged into Component 2 or 3, which won't allow you to see the dashboard.

What I do is keep the composite XBox connector plugged into the TV so that if I want to copy saved games or use the dashboard for anything I just unplug the HD pack and plug the component module into the XBox. It's a bit of a hassle, but it works.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it working now. Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.