AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have thousands for black specs on the entire screen. It's a 2007(I think) 56" Samsung DLP; not the LED model. I recently set up an HTPC and an Onkyo receiver. About two to three weeks later all the dots started popping up. Many will go from black and back to in use within seconds to minutes. I've disconnected all inputs and tried a different power outlet. Didn't make a difference.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Defective DMD chip or something in the light engine. Post full model number and version from sticker on SIDE of Tv.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Light Engine is a whole unit that is "easy" to install and will fix your problem for sure. $500 on andrewselectronics.com PN#BP96-01742B

DMD Chip is much harder to install and may not fix the problem. $333 PN#4719-001997

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm guessing the DMD chip is in the Light Engine for it to fix it for sure. I'm not really happy with this tv because of the horrible bowing effect. The Light Engine is half of what i paid for the tv; other vendors are as high as $800. Wondering if I should just get a new tv. Any idea what someone would pay for this tv needing the Light Engine to be replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.