AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the HLN467W. I have the Scientific Atlanta 3250 cable box connected to Component Input 2 and the JVC DVHS player connected to Component Input 3. This setup has worked without a hitch for the past two weeks, until last night.

I came home from work and turned on the TV (I leave it set to Component Input 2). As the set warmed-up, I could hear the audio feed from the cable box; however, it abruptly ended, and the TV began searching for a signal. It never found one. (I know the cable box works because I could still watch on Antenna).

I thought that was strange, so I gave Component Input 3 a shot, and fired up a DTheatre tape. Nothing. No audio; only a signal search.

So I turned everything off and unplugged the TV for 30+ seconds (per the manual). Well, that didn't help, either - same problems.

So I decided to contact Samsung, only to have a frustrating conversation with their customer support representative (we debated the existence of a VCR with component outputs).

Has anyone else encountered this problem or have an idea of what the problem may be (a search did not provide any useful results)?

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have the same set.

Was there a power outage that preceded this problem? Check the output settings on both the cable box and the VCR, if there are any. Try component one, or try another device in the same inputs 2 and 3. Have you been in the service menu at all? Also check all the settings in the users menu to see if somehow something got reset. Good luck

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've had this happen on my Comcast motorola 5100 box. I have it set for 4:3 override to 480p. But, if it looses power, or gets a firmware update, it is reset to 480i, which won't work on comp 2 or 3. Try plugging it into Comp1 as the guy above suggested and see if it works.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK - I've tried plugging the SA 3250 cable box into Component Input 1, but it didn't work.

I then tried an SA 3100 cable box in Component Input 1 and Component Input 2, but that didn't work.

I don't think the problem is with cable box, though, as the JVC DVHS player doesn't register either.

Lastly, I tried Samsung's customer support again, but the rep told me to try different cables. Why didn't I think of that?

The TV is less than two weeks old, so I should be able to return it or exchange it. Oh well.

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.