AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the new Samsung DLP based large screen displays? Tweeter has a 50 inch (HLM507W) advertised and a quick search tuns these up for under $3500. Dcdi HDTV ready. 18" deep, 78#.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I saw a Samsung DLP RP set a couple of weeks ago at a local TV shop and noticed right away that it must be DLP because of the artifacts. I had never seen a DLP set before, and after this experience, I won't be buying this generation of DLP.

Then again, this set was showing Friends from some analog source, so the resolution was low, picture noise was high and S/N wasn't great. But still, it looked like the display response time was slow, or maybe I was bothered by the nearly-subliminal beat frequency between the DLP color wheel and the fluorescent lights.

Now this is a knee-jerk reaction to a set I just happened upon. This set, properly set up for how you'd be using it might be just what you need. So I just strongly suggest you go see one of these in person and view some HD content and bring along some DVDs you know very well and watch it for a while.

Chris

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Unless you want opinions on DLP vs. plasma, you really are best served by posting in the RPTV forum where you will find a lot more info on DLP RPTVs.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
And there are 1000s of post on the Samsung... The forum is right nearby, too. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.