AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the footprint of the Samsung DLP unit is published anywhere? I've a space that will fit a 43" unit, but I'm thinking it maybe able to get a 47" one in there. And if I bring it forward a couple of inches perhaps even a 50" model. It requires the unit to start a taper fairly quickly.

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll take some measurements when I get home unles someone beats me to it. Where are the critical areas? Or better yet, measure and post the units dim's that you want to fit it into.

·
Registered
9 Posts
From the HLN manual...

Model Dimension (W x D x H) in inches

HLN4365W 40.5 x 15.7 x 29.7

HLN5065W 46.6 x 17.6 x 33.8

HLN437W 40.5 x 15.7 x 29.7

HLN507W 46.6 x 17.6 x 33.8

HLN617W 56.5 x 19.3 x 40.2

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks Noel, I'm new to the quality TV market so I can't contribute a whole lot to this forum. So when someone posts a question I can actually answer I'm on it like white on rice.

I pulled out my old drafting tools and made some basic drawings, hopefully they will help. Dimensions at the far back are close approximations.

I couldn't get into the AVS forum last night to post these (DSL problem) but better late than never.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here's no.2

·
Registered
39 Posts
And no.3

·
Registered
44 Posts
The foot print of the TV is smaller then the dimensions because the base is 3 inches shorter then the screen on each side.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I didn't think he wanted the actual contact area but it can be concluded from the three drawings. It would be the 38" dim from the front view, the 14.5" dim from the side view and by subtracting the 6" dim on the top view twice from the 46.5 dim in the front view = 34.5". Simple!?!.....should I make it more complicated? :D Sorry but interpreting drawings is second nature to me.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Steve: The top view is the key view I was looking for. The taper of the unit is the key for me. However I'll check this out later tonight after work.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yahooo!!!! It will fit!!!! I have an alcove that's 15"x45.25" with a front on it that is 47.25"x5"

Lets see if I can make a crude top view of the space.
Code:
Code:
.   +-------------------+   .   ^
.   |                   |   .   |
.   |                   |   .  15"
.   |     Top           |   .   |
.   |     View          |   .   v
+---+                   +---+   ^
|                           |   5"
+---------------------------+   v
Now to figure out which set: the HLN5065 or the HLN507 or an older HLM series....(And convince my wife that it's a good idea).

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Don't forget the HLN467 and HLN567. You might be "figuring" until Christmas.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No huge rush, but what ever I pick will be better than a 27" proscan. Then again, the G1000 won't be replaced, just augmented. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Does anyone have measurements for the 467 that is coming out??

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Someone posted measurements for both the HLN467 and HLN567 from a HLN users manual in the past two weeks.

The search function is down because of the heavy load on the system. I was going to try a slow search for "HLN467 and HLN567" in the RPTV forum starting two weeks ago. Don't know if that would have worked. I have a bad "search" IQ.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.