AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my set for 4 months. Still under warranty, however, the bulb blew last night. Does anyone know if this is symtomatic? Is anyone aware of progress to eliminate this problem? I love this TV. The picture is incredible, but I am out of commision until a technician comes out next Friday...

·
Registered
16,164 Posts
Sounds like a bad bulb. They should definitely replace it for free under warranty, and hopefully the next one will last several years.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Order a spare, they are easy to replace and allows you to use your TV while waiting for a tech to come out. My .02.

Jim

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
hmmm, keeping a $240 bulb in your closet is like insurance. Put it this way, the Superbowl is about to start and pop, your bulb dies, what do you do? Your way, you wait a week for a Tech to show up to change your bulb, my way, you change the bulb and enjoy the game, when the tech shows up, your old bulb is back into the set and gets changed, yeah it's free, but at what cost?

Jim

PS: doesn't matter to me what you do, but I will be enjoying my set while I wait for the Tech.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.