AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call back from a calibrator and he says that this tv cannot be calibrated for any inputs except Component.

I am completely confused because I talked to a different calibrator a few weeks ago and he said he would calibrate the tv so the result is visible across all inputs. (calibrating each input seperately didn't even enter the conversation)

So which of these guys knows what he's talking about? They're both ISF certified, BTW. Even if the TV was calibrated for one input, can't the guy make the result visible simply when the tv is turned on no matter what input is selected?

I don't know what to do. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I am 99.9% sure that the TV can be calibrated across all outputs, but let me verify this by checking the Service Manual later tonight as I am sure I have the manual for this particular television.

Brian

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The HL-Rs can be calibrated for all inputs. Though, the VGA input seems to have been short changed in this area.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that's a relief. My adventures continue however: today another calibrator said the Samsung can't be adjusted to 6500 color temperature but somewhere in the 7000 range (can't remember exactly) He also said I should have bought a DLP from Toshiba..

·
Registered
58 Posts
I own an HLR 5067W. It is calibrated on all inputs to D65. In fact, the grayscale tracking is ruler straight at less than 100k variation.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I saw no ill effects calibrating my TV to D65. Every aspect of the image was improved. I still like it better than many 1080p sets out there including the much-vaunted SXRD Sonys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts