AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 50 inch Samsung DLP that is three years old this month. For the past few months I have been having issues and the tech at Samsung wasn't helpful at all. Here is my setup

tv

360 connected via componet

Dish rec connected via composite

Wii via component

all sound goes to my Yamaha receiver

The tv when on the 360 sometimes will freeze up while I still hear my 360 moving through menus etc. The Dish input will get a crazy greenish color and tons of macro blocking going on. I can get up and unplug the tv, wait a few secs and plug it back up and it will work sometimes. Other times the tv is on but it's just a dark black screen. It seems random, earlier today I couldn't get it to work for anything, now it has been running just fine for at least 4-5 hours.

I thought maybe the power cable was shorted so i found a pc monitor cable I had that works and it still has issues. I replaced the receptacle in the wall. Is this my tv just being on it's deathbed? I figure it a part would go bad it's either going to work or not, not this random, sporadic issues I am having.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Provide full model number and version from side sticker. Best guess with given info would be DMD board. When the problem(s) occur grab the Tv remote and press menu, what happens?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.