AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Samsung HL-R5678W DLP TV, with the infamous collapsed light tunnel problem: their CS will not authorize a warranty repair (class action lawsuit) without the SN. It is not on the exterior of the TV anywhere (where it is supposed to be). I have no receipt. Anyone know how I can find it somewhere, either inside the case, on the service menu?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebignewt
2005 Samsung HL-R5678W DLP TV, with the infamous collapsed light tunnel problem: their CS will not authorize a warranty repair (class action lawsuit) without the SN. It is not on the exterior of the TV anywhere (where it is supposed to be). I have no receipt. Anyone know how I can find it somewhere, either inside the case, on the service menu?? Thanks in advance.
I know nothing of that set, but if there isn't a serial number on it the sticker was removed. There should be a sticker with model, serial, manufacture date, etc. Highly doubt if it was placed anywhere else, stamped or sticker. Service menu...maybe.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I know where it should be, and what it should have on it, and how many characters are in a SN, but the sucker is not there, and they won't even talk to me about fixing it without the stupid number. This has to have happened before.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebignewt /forum/post/20881789

Oh I know where it should be, and what it should have on it, and how many characters are in a SN, but the sucker is not there, and they won't even talk to me about fixing it without the stupid number. This has to have happened before.

Did you buy the set new? What has happened before? The set might be stolen.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the set brand new, via a website and it came by freight in the original box. But I never had occasion to look for the SN until I found out about the light tunnel defect/class action lawsuit thing. My pal has a similar set and he has a SN, it's just mine that doesn't. What I mean is this cannot be the first time the sticker has been removed for some reason. The SN has to be somewhere else I would think.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Most of those has the SN in two places. One on the main sticker on the very back, another on the side with a version number also.

Jim

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebignewt /forum/post/20886434

I bought the set brand new, via a website and it came by freight in the original box. But I never had occasion to look for the SN until I found out about the light tunnel defect/class action lawsuit thing. My pal has a similar set and he has a SN, it's just mine that doesn't. What I mean is this cannot be the first time the sticker has been removed for some reason. The SN has to be somewhere else I would think.

I'm pretty sure it's against the law to remove a serial number from any product except by the owner. Most products only have the serial number in one area. I find it hard to believe it passed through the manufacturer without a sticker on it. Sounds like a "hot" TV to me.

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
The serial number information will also be on the original box and should be on the sales invoice too! You did keep both, right?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavu /forum/post/20887909

The serial number information will also be on the original box and should be on the sales invoice too! You did keep both, right?

Depending on where he bought it online, his receipt could be worthless may not have any info about the set at all.

Ya everyone keeps boxes for 6 years WTF?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.