AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just turned me on to this site and let me say thank you to all the input I have been reading for at least an hour. I am astonished by all of the DLP problems, shadows, white spots etc. We bought our HL-R4667W in Oct of 2005 at Best Buy in Mishawauka IN and have loved everything about it except the internal speakers. One went bad and had to be replaced (warranty) EW doesnt expire until 10/02/09. Anyway have been putting off surround sound until we buy a house we are in a small aparment now. Anyway I have read about dust causing problems and our tv literally hasnt moved since the speaker replacement in 06 I put a flashlight to the back tonight and holy cobwebs and dust in by the light source. Do I take some canned air and blow it out or leave well enough alone?? I have also been reading about calibration and the "new bulb" burning in, not looking forward to that when the bulb does eventually go I am guessing it will be in the next 3 months if not sooner I am layed off and the TV is on alot more. I am thankful I have had no picture trouble and feel for those of you who have. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
If you can take a vacuum cleaner and suck the dust out. Blowing the dust in would not help. You can remove the bulb to get more dust out. The light tunnel and the color wheel is sealed to a learge degree and while it is not impossible dust does not easily get in there. A large majority of people do not have problems with DLP and it is easier to write about a problem than wite that everyting is ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts