AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HLR-5067 and am trying to get 1280X720 via RGB inpit resolution from my PC. When I set it past 1080X768 the screen displays a not supported signal message. I know several people have done this so is it model specific (not supported by HLR series) or am I missing something when using set up?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apodaca
I have an HLR-5067 and am trying to get 1280X720 via RGB inpit resolution from my PC. When I set it past 1080X768 the screen displays a not supported signal message. I know several people have done this so is it model specific (not supported by HLR series) or am I missing something when using set up?

I bought a VGA splitter (250MHz) with built-in amp (~$50) at my local discount electronics store that begins with F and can display 1280 x 768 simultaneously on my PC and the Samsung. My VGA extension is 25 feet and no apparent signal degradation. You may have to turn the refresh rate down to 60Hz (depends on your graphics card).

·
Registered
21 Posts
try downloading the latest drivers for you video card. i have a 6600gt and can set it to 1280x720. most of the new cards and drivers support hd resolutions.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. It turns out it was a video card problem but now the pincushion on the screen makes the desktop look awkward.

Is pincushion a common thing among the Samsungs? I noticed none on the Sony KDFLCD RPTVs.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apodaca
Cool. It turns out it was a video card problem but now the pincushion on the screen makes the desktop look awkward.
The graphics card and drivers can make a big difference. Also the input that you use. You should be able to get the best PQ outputting 1280x720 through your HDMI port. That would mean that you need a DVI/HDMI combo cable.

Quote:
Is pincushion a common thing among the Samsungs? I noticed none on the Sony KDFLCD RPTVs.
It's common among all RPTV sets because of the short distance from the projector to the screen. It can be eliminated with better lenses but that would be very expensive at this time.

Our 256MB PCI Express x16 ATI Radeon X800 XT graphics card using TheaterTek 2.0 as a software DVD player does an outstanding job. I also got good results from an older ATI Radeon 9000 Pro card.

They both recognize the Samsung HLP5063 as a 1280x720 display.

Using a PC is sometimes tricky but it's worth the effort. There is a Home Theater Computers forum here at AVS that can help you a lot.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.