AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never had a working Samsung. MY first DLP, the film mode was not working. Samsung replaced the HLM437W with a DLP with six white circles on it. Tech tried to fix it but the part that was given to him from Samsung was defective. I asked for the new HLN model. Carry from Samsung said YES but refused to send a letter agreeing to this. Customer care is point less and know VERY little but the T.V. At this point, I wanted my money back, so I put so much pressure on Carry at Samsung and got my money. I refused to deal with Samsung and their poorly made DLP. I have docementations from Samsung about this matter, or you can call TVAUTHORITY. I called Carry boss and he/she still did not return my call. I was told by Mike at Samsung that "you have to be GOD to speak to JOE." Do want want to get a T.V. from these people? Do you see a difference between the HLM and HLN. Did you pay more money for a chip that does not help or just to say I have it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tony,

It sounds as if your experience has been disasterous. But it would appear to be somewhat isolated. No question that you have every right to be fed up with Samsung and the way you where handled. But at the end of the day potential buyers have to know that there are many satisfied customers out there. The one complaint which seems to be universal is that Samsung has made changes to models and has not been great in conveying what those changes are and which models have them. The internals change to the 507 without a part number change is just assured to lead to confusion. But that having been said, I love the product and have been very happy with it. If I have any complaints at this juncture it would be more around the misinformed salespeople that sell the units. Glad to hear you got you money back and glad you took the time to post your thoughts. In the end hearing the bad is as useful as the good.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
I had a little trouble at first with people calling me back, but Cary at Samsung has taken care of me very well. I can see where this set can drive you nuts, it did me as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.