AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone program their remote controls for the Samsung DLP? I did it on my Dish receiver's remote and my ReplayTV's remote and in both cases in order to increase the volume on the TV you have to press the volume up or down buttons repeatedly (rather than holding it pressed) in order to change the level. This is obviously not the case for the TV's own remote but why does it happen on the others?

I tried couple of other Samsung TV remote codes listed on each manufacturer's manual but I couldn't find a code that works.

Thanks

-Selim

·
Registered
506 Posts
If the Samsung manufacturer's codes do not work, you may need to use a Learnable remote and hold the Sammy volume button down while learning.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Samsung Remote sends out IR bursts instead of a stream like most remotes. The TV interprets each burst as a single command. When you use a streaming controller, the Samsung still interprets the stream signal as one burst, thus, one level up/down on the volume. A repeated push is interrupted as another burst, hence, the need to hit the volume many times. You can note this behavior on the remote by looking at the IR indicator (most will be steady red, while the Samsung flashes).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.