Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HLN467W

This is an issue I've yet to see discussed here before, it would be nice to see if anybody has an explanation or can duplicate the problem.

I bought DVE and the Samsung DVD-HD931 when they first came out last spring. I connected the DVD player to the TV via DVI and while calibrating using DVE I noticed a weird ghost image in the grayscale test patterns. I posted a photo of this and someone (I can't remember who) pointed out that it was a ghost image of the grayscale menu. Whichever IRE field I picked from the menu would appear with a ghost image of the menu embedded in it. If I skipped a chapter ahead it was gone. When I skipped ahead and then back it was gone as well. I never got any explanation as to what might be going on.

A few months ago I got rid of the 931 and built a HTPC, Using DVE to calibrate the HTPC I noticed the exact same phenomenon, this rules out the 931 as the source leaving the TV or DVE. This weekend I watched a movie from the HTPC and when the credits were rolling I was screwing around with TheaterTek and managed to lock up the computer.......the credits were stopped on the screen and the PC wouldn't respond. It was getting late anyway so I shut off the PC, Amplifier and Receiver. While looking for the TV remote I noticed that the credits were still frozen on the screen. I double checked that the PC was indeed off and it was, no lights, no sounds yet the image was still on the TV. Shouldn't the TV be saying "DVI - No signal" with a blue screen? I assume this is somehow tied to the ghost image using DVE..............does anybody have any idea what in the TV can retain an image when no signal is being sent?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.