AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· UHD Addict
40,059 Posts
I use a microfiber cloth.

· Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I use the same wipes and cleaning solutions I use to clean my PC's LCD screens. Works fine, no issues.

· Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman27 /forum/post/0

is any clenser safe ?

You can blow 20 buck on that monster cleaner kit that comes with a microfiber towel. It's actually not a bad product and I'd bet you'd be pleased with the results, but the price is ridiculous. I think that a lot of people use lens cleaner, or just a mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water. If you prefer NOT to get ripped off by Monster you can look for Screen Guardian made by Kensington (which is just a mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water).

· Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack /forum/post/0

when i called samsung they said a mixture of windex and water was acceptible. i think they said 50/50. microfiber cloth.

the guy at samsung said not to use the monster cleaner.

just sayin'

You sure about this one? I've never heard of ANYONE recommending an ammonia based product on such a screen

· UHD Addict
40,059 Posts
You can get ammonia free Windex.

I poersonally would never use anything with ammonia or alcohol in it. I have some cleaner I used when I wore glasses that was designed for camera lenses. It also works on LCD monitors. Since I don't wear glasses anymore I have several bottles of it and need to use it. It works very well but I've only used it twice on my DLP screen in two years.

· Registered
1,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt /forum/post/0

You can get ammonia free Windex.

I poersonally would never use anything with ammonia or alcohol in it. I have some cleaner I used when I wore glasses that was designed for camera lenses. It also works on LCD monitors. Since I don't wear glasses anymore I have several bottles of it and need to use it. It works very well but I've only used it twice on my DLP screen in two years.

Warm water and microfiber cloth, nothing else.

Just what are you putting on your screens to need a cleaner!! Oily fingerprints? Bah, never let them get that close

· Registered
2,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeter /forum/post/0

You sure about this one? I've never heard of ANYONE recommending an ammonia based product on such a screen

Yeah, pretty sure.

Here's a link to Samsung's FAQ page about cleaning smudges off a DLP screen (with a Windex mixture).

http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/...41&PROD_ID=153

Like I said - the Samsung rep told me to do this, and he specifically told me not to use the Monster cleaner.

The delivery guys unpacked my TV before bringing it in and got a few fingerprints on it. They are gone now and the screen is in great condition.

btw- I have a hls6187w and LOVE it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.