Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just got the 50" version.

There are so many threads on this can someone point me where to go to get the service code and all the tweaks Ive heard about.

Thanks!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would let it run for 24 to 48 hours to let the lamp settle in to a grove before doing any SM changes. Take the time, clear your calender and start surfing. :)

Enjoy.

-Bri

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Alan:

The thread is called "Samsung DLP suggested SM tweaks" and is currently the second page of the Rear Projection Units area. I have attached the last full spreadsheet with the tweaks compiled together. We should be seeing another update soon as well as a compilation for the 43" sets.

Please note that burning in the light bulb for a minimum of 80 hours (100 seems to be the concensus) before investing too much into your service menu tweaks is the prevailing wisdom right now.

hlm507_service_settings_tuned.zip 4.5283203125k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Are there plans to put original values in the spreadsheet as well?

Or have these changed with the different service releases?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bunder
... have these changed with the different service releases?
Not only have they changed between releases but there are reported default differences between sets with the same release.

-Bri

·
Registered
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bri
Not only have they changed between releases but there are reported default differences between sets with the same release.
Wow.... OK, then never mind. :)

Is there any indication yet that Samsung is really incorporating some of this forum's findings, or is it just lip service so far?

I'm planning to pick up a 437 when I can finally lay my hands on one. Since it's likely to be after the first of the year, I'll be very curious to see how much adjusting they've done to the defaults by that time.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
I tend to think it was more lip service than anything, but regardless there is new info now here that is better than what was known when they were doing "tweaks". And it doesn't look like there is total consistency across sets anyway, I don't know if anybody has actually determined why.

Quote:
Originally posted by bunder
Is there any indication yet that Samsung is really incorporating some of this forum's findings, or is it just lip service so far?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Gouger
Ok I just got the 50" version.

There are so many threads on this can someone point me where to go to get the service code and all the tweaks Ive heard about.

Thanks!
Alan,

I've got to get up to AVS store some day. You must have one hell of a setup up there.

Take a look in my thread about ColorFacts on the HLM507. It has a good deal of information of how to setup the HLM according to what ColorFacts reports to achieve a 6500K result and cleanest blacks possible.

-phil

·
Registered
856 Posts
I asked this question on another thread but got no response. The 507 I received this past Monday has three labels on the lower left corner below the screen. They are: DLP, DCDi by Faroudja, and Dolby Surround. On the older models, even the 507 picture on a latest local Sound Advice advertisement, shows only the DLP label. What does this mean? I don't know. It may have been Samsung's justification of increasing the prices by $200, and no changes are made between the older sets and these latest sets.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by turls
I tend to think it was more lip service than anything, but regardless there is new info now here that is better than what was known when they were doing "tweaks". And it doesn't look like there is total consistency across sets anyway, I don't know if anybody has actually determined why.
After having my 507 for a few weeks, I sure wish Samusng would if fixed the "default aspect ratio" bug. I thought it would not bother me... I have since become annoyed at having to push that darn button over and over again. Especially when I know it's not an obtuse request to have it remember the aspect ratio. I had high hopes that they would of fixed this minor oversight. After all how difficult could it of been? shesh.

Alan, What State and Country is Dave's party in?

-Bri

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pspun
I asked this question on another thread but got no response. The 507 I received this past Monday has three labels on the lower left corner below the screen. They are: DLP, DCDi by Faroudja, and Dolby Surround. On the older models, even the 507 picture on a latest local Sound Advice advertisement, shows only the DLP label. What does this mean? I don't know. It may have been Samsung's justification of increasing the prices by $200, and no changes are made between the older sets and these latest sets.
It means that Samsung probably decided that advertising the DCDi gave them a market advantage. The DCDi has alway been there.

-phil

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
At least to me, that oversight is the main proof in the pudding to prove it was mostly lip service. However, it has been reported that this change is still being considered, but no definite answer on how the fix would be loaded.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bri
After having my 507 for a few weeks, I sure wish Samusng would if fixed the "default aspect ratio" bug.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.