AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the IR receiver is located on the face of the Samsung DVD-1080P8 DVD player?

I have a Xantech IR extender system, and I need to attach the little emitter on the face of my Samsung DVD player. However, I can not find anywhere in the manual or on Samsung's site that says where the receiver is located.

Samsung PN58A650 TV

Samsung DVD-1080P8 DVD Player

Yamaha RX-V663 A/V Receiver

Klipsch R-5800-W In-Wall Speakers (5 Channels)

Klipsch RW-12 Subwoofer

Xantech 490-95 IR Extender System

P.S. This is my first post, so please be gentle. This site has been a great resource for me as I pieced together my new A/V system. I hope that I can contribute in the future.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
look with a flashlight. It will look like a small square with a round bubble on the front.

Another way to find it is to hold your hand over part of the player and hold the eye really close to the player without sticking it and have someone keep pressing play/pause and find where it responds best and stick it there.

make sense?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brilliant! The flashlight idea worked perfectly. I just attached the emitter and did a quick system test. It all works flawlessly. Now, I just wish that they had a rear IR input plug to clean up the look... that will be my hope for the Blu-Ray player.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXXXVIII /forum/post/14326053

Brilliant! The flashlight idea worked perfectly. I just attached the emitter and did a quick system test. It all works flawlessly. Now, I just wish that they had a rear IR input plug to clean up the look... that will be my hope for the Blu-Ray player.

Glad you found it. A few BD players have a rear port. Sony S1, Pioneer 95fd (i believe), pioneer 94hd, pioneer HD1, Denon 2500, and Denon 3800.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I was kind of bummed that the Samsung DVD player did not have the rear IR port. I looked on Samsung's site, and it looks like their current Blu-Ray player does not have the rear IR port either. That stinks, because one of the reasons that I chose the Samsung DVD was to interveiw Samsung's AnyNet+ features. I totally love it, and want AnyNet for my Blu-Ray player too. I am already preparing myself for the eventuality that I will not get the clean wiring of a rear IR port with my likely Blu-Ray player.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You can always open it up and install the emitter inside. I do it all the time. Where do you live?

Jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts