AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck getting one of these from some place other than Harvey's? Something about paying retail that just bothers me. :)

Scott

·
Registered
463 Posts
Scott,

If you want one with the firmware update, to allow 480p, 720p, and 1080i via 3-RCA wideband component video, you MUST go to Harvey's Electronics. First, they are the only dealer in the United States with the machine. Two, they are the only dealer that will have the firmware update, even if the machine goes nationwide!

You might be able to find one in the future, but if it is not sold via Harvey's, you will most likely NOT recieve the firmware update. That somewhat defeats the 'magic' of this player. If you follow me...

Therefore, I would give Steve Harvey a call at the Eatowntown, New Jersey store and order one. Number is: 732-380-9222. They only received 38 in the first batch, and have roughly the same on order. Early May...So they say. I got one from the first batch and have a second one on order now.

My advice: Get while the getting is good!!!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Yep, before they crack down on the firmware updates that allows you to upscale any DVDs (no DHCP hassle). Of course for $1500 you can build yourself a nice HTPC which has different challenges but is more flexible in the long run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.