Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a Samsung 841. I have an opportunity to trade up to the 941 for free. It would be worth it to me if the 941 passes BTB through HDMI. My Pioneer plasma has HDMI, but the 841 only has DVI, so I use a conversion cable. I also experience a green push using DVI/HDMI with the 841.

So, my question is basically: Does the 941 have the same problems thru HDMI?

Thanks.

·
Registered
396 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, HDMI to HDMI doesn't have the BTB issues.

The latest firmware supposedly fixes any BTB problem that existed.

C Snyder

·
Registered
396 Posts
I bought mine off Ebay for about $75.00 (new open box). Samsung directly sells

refurbs on Ebay, so you would have some warranty protection there. I would also

check Amazon.com periodically. They often have refurbs listed. Pricegrabber also

shows three hits.

C Snyder

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amazon has 3 sellers with refurbs around 150.00, but I thought they were a little high.

Thanks for the input bigsnyder.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnyder
I bought mine off Ebay for about $75.00 (new open box). Samsung directly sells

refurbs on Ebay, so you would have some warranty protection there. I would also

check Amazon.com periodically. They often have refurbs listed. Pricegrabber also

shows three hits.

C Snyder
Thanks bigsnyder,

Is there a way that you can search for the seller on ebay? I want to see what Samsung has on Ebay.

Thanks,

·
Registered
396 Posts
It looks like it carries a 90day warranty. I don't see any reason why the warranty would

not be honored, but a call or email to Samsung's customer service might be wise to be sure.

Here is the address to Samsung's ebay store, but I am only seeing the HD841 listed at the

moment.

stores.*e*b*a* y.com/SamsungStore (remove the stars of course)

C Snyder

·
Registered
597 Posts
Use ebay search for "DVD HD941". Should not have to pay more than $129.00. Got mine for $102.00 w/ shipping through bidding. 90 day warranty for refurb through Samsung. Using hack to get 720p out of component. Better pic over my Toshiba 3755.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I had to buy the 941 to answer my question.

Today I walked in to my local Magnolia and woudn't you know it, there was one on the shelf. It was marked 84.97 "open box" so I immediately flagged down a salesman. All it had with it was the remote and the HDMI-DVI cable. They then surprised me by offering to order the manual and the HDMI-HDMI cable for me, FOR FREE! I couldn't beleive it. After writing up the sale and thinking about it for a minute, he said he'd just give me the HDMI-HDMI cable from the demo 950 and replace it when mine arrives. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, even for a cheap sale on a demo unit.

First impression:

It DOES pass BTB through HDMI at ALL resolutions!

Even with the old firmware.

It did have a green push, a little worse than the 841, and macroblocking was very noticable in the background on the 941's menus.

At the moment, I have just updated the firmware, but can't test again 'till later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.