AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All-

I want to see if someone can help solve an issue I am seeing with my Samsung DVD Recorder....when I record DVDs, it actually stops after 10 seconds and does not record anymore. WHen I hit the STOP button and record again, it does the same thing, again stopping after 10 or 11 seconds. The data that was "recorded" fr 10 seconds is not seens thru the playlist menu, as it is not accesible....

This has become very frustrating and it is like a crap shoot to get recordings right....sometimes it records without any issues, sometimes it just stops. Even if i try the disk after swapping with a good disc, it does not work. I have not tried the "bad" disc on a computer, to see if it burns there, but will try it soon.

I have used Ridata and also Sony and have lost about 40% of discs in both boxes of 100 packs! Now i tried Fuji and it doesnt even load it, just ejects after sometime....

Has anyone seen this problem..? Should I call Samsung..? Please help, any ideas is much appreciated....

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
When you say you've lost 40% of the discs, I'm guessing that mean that 60% have worked? In that case I suspect bad media. Try a different brand, such as Verbatim. If the problem persist despite trying various media, you could have a problem with the burner in the recorder. Cleaning the laser lense is something easy to try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response bobkart. Yes, 60% of the discs have worked (ie 60 out of a 100 pack). I just find it weird that the recorder would stop recording after ~10seconds exactly....I will try the laser cleaner, is there something else that could be wrong...? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I had similar problems with a Panasonic E85H. Nearly always the same amount of time would elapse during a real-time copy from HDD to DVD, before it would have a problem relating to bad media. Changing media fixed it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update on this issue...I used a lens cleaner and it worked like magic! The discs that it rejected have been recovered...thanks bobkart! BTW I called Samsung and they had asked me to send the recorder to them...they said that some customers have called with similar issues...hope that this helps others with similar problems out there.

The laser cleaner is 20 bucks though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.