AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting a verticle black line along the outside edge of the screen whenever I am using the HDMI input from the samsung dvd combo recorder? It occurs while watching dvd's or vhs or tv signal through the unit. The verticle line dissapears whenever I watch the tv signal directly from the satellite box via S video. So it seems the problem is with the samsung unit. Any ideas what could be causing the black line on edge of screen? It is about 3/4 of an inch wide. Its like the picture is not going to the end of the tv screen.

· Registered
3,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52172 /forum/post/0

I have been getting a verticle black line along the outside edge of the screen whenever I am using the HDMI input from the samsung dvd combo recorder? It occurs while watching dvd's or vhs or tv signal through the unit. The verticle line dissapears whenever I watch the tv signal directly from the satellite box via S video. So it seems the problem is with the samsung unit. Any ideas what could be causing the black line on edge of screen? It is about 3/4 of an inch wide. Its like the picture is not going to the end of the tv screen.

Same here using my Philips LCD television from HDMI sources. Only difference is my vertical line is green. A simple adjustment using the left and right arrow keys on my Philips remote fixed it. Most HD televisions with HDMI inputs will allow for this. I think if you adjust the television picture you'll be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.