AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Display: Samsung LN46C630

Computer: Old. ATI Radeon 7000, AMD Thunderbird 1.4, WinXP Pro SP3

Issue: I have hooked up my computer to the TV with a VGA cable and was able to get the full 1920x1080 @60hz. I have been trying without success to do the same with a DVI-HDMI connection.

I hooked the HDMI end to the HDMI IN 1(DVI) input, and set the label to PC/DVI PC. The problem is I can only get 1920x1080 @30hz. I can set the display to 60hz on my PC, but get the message "The resolution is not supported on this TV. Please change the resolution." on the TV.

This has really stumped me since it works fine with the VGA connection. The reason I don't want to use VGA is because I need it for a monitor, and I've been plugging/unplugging for awhile now.

Note: The only other resolution I found to work with the DVI/HDMI is 1280x1024 @60hz.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My other display is an old Dell monitor which I set to 1024x768.

It wouldn't be a big deal to switch resolutions though, better than unplugging cables. I've heard those splitters degrade the signal though?

My main concern is I want to use the Samsung as my display when I build a "media PC", so I'm hoping this HDMI issue is a case of old PC. Plus I just can't help but try and figure out when things don't work the way I want them to :).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts