AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Site won't let me post links. I'm looking at the TV's listed in the thread title.

According to displaylag.com (using the Leo Bodnar lag tester) the EH5000 has 33ms input lag, and the WB600 29Ms input lag. I'm getting a PS3 slim tomorrow (used and cheap) and will primarily be gaming FPS. Are these TVs good enough? I figure input lag should be my primary concern. I really want to make sure I have a solid TV for gaming.

However, I can't seem to find a response time for either TV. Should I be concerned?

I'm leaning towards the Sony. I'd really appreciate your replies. :)

One is a little more expensive than the other, but the price difference is negligible. Which TV should I get?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Site won't let me post links. I'm looking at the TV's listed in the thread title.

According to displaylag.com (using the Leo Bodnar lag tester) the EH5000 has 33ms input lag, and the WB600 29Ms input lag. I'm getting a PS3 slim tomorrow (used and cheap) and will primarily be gaming FPS. Are these TVs good enough? I figure input lag should be my primary concern. I really want to make sure I have a solid TV for gaming.

However, I can't seem to find a response time for either TV. Should I be concerned?

I'm leaning towards the Sony. I'd really appreciate your replies. :)

One is a little more expensive than the other, but the price difference is negligible. Which TV should I get?
Yes. After input lag, motion performance is the second important factor for gaming. You want less blur for your gaming. While I couldn't find motion performance score for the EH5000, I did, for the W600B and it's 7.5

I also recall EH5000 being one of the last models to use non-PSA panels. Non-PSA panels generally have superior contrast ration to PSA panels at the expense of motion blur. I used to have a Sony LCD with a non-PSA panel too. While PQ was impressive, motion blur drove me to nuts so I switched to plasmas and never looked back. So, yeah, it looks like the Sony is a safe bet.

·
Registered
571 Posts
If your close to a Best Buy, they have the KDL50W700B on sale for $599 this week. One the highest rated tv's for gaming. I bought it a month ago and love it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts