AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a Samsung EU40C700 LCD tv.

Once a t home I have discovered what a "backlight bleeding problem is.

While a could get into the service menu I couldn't find the proper display hours-on information: I suspect the TV was overtsressed in the shop where I bought it, as the TV set was discontinued and got the last one off the shelf. The salesman toldme it was on the shelf only for 3 weeks, but sounds like a lie.

- Could the over-usage cause this?

- Should I return this set immediately?

·
Registered
108 Posts
What is the backlight set to in that picture? Is the tv still in "torch" mode?

If that is after turning down the backlight and calibrating I would be mighty scared if it still looked like that. (heck, I'd be scared even if it wasn't)

To answer your questions:

1) No

2) Yes

·
Registered
12,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutarsky /forum/post/20868059

I have bought a Samsung EU40C700 LCD tv.

Once a t home I have discovered what a "backlight bleeding problem is.

While a could get into the service menu I couldn't find the proper display hours-on information: I suspect the TV was overtsressed in the shop where I bought it, as the TV set was discontinued and got the last one off the shelf. The salesman toldme it was on the shelf only for 3 weeks, but sounds like a lie.

- Could the over-usage cause this?

- Should I return this set immediately?

If it was mine, I'd return it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The backlight was set to 10 out of 20. Setting it to 0 the spots disappear however the image gets very low and it is difficult to adjust it using contrast & luminosity...

What is torch mode?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The backight was set to 10 out of 20.

When setting it to 0, the spots disappear, however the image gets very low and it is difficult to adjust it using contrast & luminosity...i need to set to 1 at least to have an acceptable range during daylight... is this normal?

TV is not set in torch mode

·
Registered
12,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/20869352

Return it. That's one of the worst cases of lighting imperfections I've seen in any panel. Samsung should be ashamed.

Exactly, especially for a high end model like the C7000. This is why I ignore salesmen when they say "LED" is much better than LCD. I am no fan of edge-lit LED-LCD TVs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.