AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Samsung didn't know what it wanted to be.

Prices here in the US were multiples of prices in other markets. People are not stupid. If they know a projector sells for $3k in Europe, they will not be willing to pay $10k here.

The market is really crowded too and Samsung was a newer player.

The A900 was a very sharp projector and I think it would have done better if it was properly marketed. Samsung has deep pockets but I think they felt that ti would be years before this venture became profitable, if at all.

Edit: Samsung also had a debacle with the a700, which was a DLP. I think that every one of those broke and had to be replaced or refunded. They were all defective!

·
Banned
2,187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy /forum/post/20888299

Prices here in the US were multiples of prices in other markets. People are not stupid. If they know a projector sells for $3k in Europe, they will not be willing to pay $10k here...

They were all defective!

A legendary Joe Kane design blessed by Widescreen Review.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
kraine said this a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coup330 /forum/post/20896632

funy, thats a wrong message which started in Germany and now gets over France (kraine) to the USA.

There is no official message from Samsung exiting the projector market!

So why aren't they show any projectors at IFA if the statement is wrong ?

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I didn't even know Samsung made projectors, they must not have much market share or advertising. They certainly do well in the flat-panel TV business.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.