AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Samsung F7100 60" LCD TV about two months ago and today I noticed two dead pixels. One is a dead red pixel about 6" from the top right corner and the other is a dead blue pixel about 6" from the top left corner. Unfortunately it's too late to return the TV so I'll have to use the warranty. I was just wondering though if anyone knows if this will even be covered or if they have any suggestions on how to convince the Samsung call center to cover this? Also does anyone know if Samsung uses refurbished panels to do warranty work or if they will use a brand new panel when swapping out my panel?

Thanks,

Harry

P.S. I'm in Canada in case that affects things.

·
Registered
78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Muscle  /t/1524221/samsung-f7100-dead-pixels-warranty-question#post_24526806

I bought a Samsung F7100 60" LCD TV about two months ago and today I noticed two dead pixels. One is a dead red pixel about 6" from the top right corner and the other is a dead blue pixel about 6" from the top left corner. Unfortunately it's too late to return the TV so I'll have to use the warranty. I was just wondering though if anyone knows if this will even be covered or if they have any suggestions on how to convince the Samsung call center to cover this? Also does anyone know if Samsung uses refurbished panels to do warranty work or if they will use a brand new panel when swapping out my panel?

Thanks,

Harry

P.S. I'm in Canada in case that affects things.

I have had one dead pixel on a Samsung LCD 3 years ago, during the warranty period.

The dead pixel was not in angle, and of course very viewable and disturbing for me.

The distributor warranty service have had no problem to exchange the screen (only the screen/display not the entire TV), saying to me that's ok with Samsung, without any problem at all.

The screen seems to be a new manufactured one, but of course, it's not obvious to check this point.

PS, I'm in Europe.

Good idea to check the conditions in the warranty notice of your Samsung TV ?

DplanetHD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts