AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What do you guys think??  I would go with the 64 inch and can get one for a fair price.  I currently have  a 50 inch Pioneer Kuro that is about 5 years old.  I am also a plasma fan.  It sounds like most manufactures are getting away from plasma so I don't want to miss the buss.  However, would I be smarter to wait and hope that the Kuro makes it until OLED prices come down?? I should mention the F8500 is at the very top of my budget. Aaaagghhh.  Help me make a decision!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
I think we're 4 years away from worthwhile oleds, so I would jump on the 8500 while you can.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gus738

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Just got my 64" F8500 yesterday, arrived with no issues whatsoever but took 10 days to arrive after ordering. My manufacture date is March 2014! Just made this month. It is an UNBELIEVABLE panel, you will not be disappointed. The build quality and brightness are amazing. I got mine 20% off at Paul's TV, but that coupon code has now expired. I think your cheapest option at this point will be Chris @ ClevelandPlasma.com / ClevelandAV.com. We watched Men in Black 3 in 3D last night and it knocked my socks off! I wish they made them in a smaller size so I could upgrade my bedroom TV to the same panel.



I set my settings to Kevin Miller's settings from TweakTV and am more than happy with the results without a $450 professional calibration to be done.


As Nike says - JUST DO IT! You won't be disappointed, I guarantee it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Congrats! Mine's only 2 weeks old. Loving it! What do think of the smart remote? Spend some time figuring out how it works. I use it for the tv and cable box.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Now would seem like a good time to buy. I believe I read where the 2014 F8500 models are unchanged from the 2013 models so there may be good deals out there. I just ordered a PN60F8500 from an online vendor for $1969 plus free shipping. Not sure if it was manufactured in 2013 or 2014 but it probably wouldn't make any difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmalvr60  /t/1524518/samsung-f8500-is-now-the-time-to-buy#post_24539357


Congrats! Mine's only 2 weeks old. Loving it! What do think of the smart remote? Spend some time figuring out how it works. I use it for the tv and cable box.

It's really worthwhile, I thought it would be gimmicky but I use the voice feature a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcages01  /t/1524518/samsung-f8500-is-now-the-time-to-buy#post_24536926


Just got my 64" F8500 yesterday, arrived with no issues whatsoever but took 10 days to arrive after ordering. My manufacture date is March 2014! Just made this month. It is an UNBELIEVABLE panel, you will not be disappointed. The build quality and brightness are amazing. I got mine 20% off at Paul's TV, but that coupon code has now expired. I think your cheapest option at this point will be Chris @ ClevelandPlasma.com / ClevelandAV.com. We watched Men in Black 3 in 3D last night and it knocked my socks off! I wish they made them in a smaller size so I could upgrade my bedroom TV to the same panel.



I set my settings to Kevin Miller's settings from TweakTV and am more than happy with the results without a $450 professional calibration to be done.


As Nike says - JUST DO IT! You won't be disappointed, I guarantee it!
So no directional buzzing when sitting at dead center with the 64"? I think I'm going to have to go with that, my 60" is driving me insane and my confidence of Samsung fixing it is very very very low. :-/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I most certainly have directional buzzing on my 64F8500. It's worse in movie mode than standard and is louder or quieter depending on the content.


During normal viewing with my audio system on it doesn't bother me but if I specifically listen for the buzzing I can tune it in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmypioneer  /t/1524518/samsung-f8500-is-now-the-time-to-buy#post_24536129


What do you guys think??  I would go with the 64 inch and can get one for a fair price.  I currently have  a 50 inch Pioneer Kuro that is about 5 years old.  I am also a plasma fan.  It sounds like most manufactures are getting away from plasma so I don't want to miss the buss.  However, would I be smarter to wait and hope that the Kuro makes it until OLED prices come down?? I should mention the F8500 is at the very top of my budget. Aaaagghhh.  Help me make a decision!!!

Which Kuro model do you have?



If you're in the market for a bigger TV it probably makes most sense to jump on a plasma since it's basically at it's most mature point in history and soon will be going bye bye. If you're in a small space sitting 7 feet from the tv i'd just keep the Kuro.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadThunder  /t/1524518/samsung-f8500-is-now-the-time-to-buy#post_24544448


In reality your Kuro will probably outlast most F8500's which are completely fanless, just something to think about

I have a PRO-150FD and a 65F8500.


The Pioneer PDP has a seven year w/10,000 (+) hours of operation head start over the Samsung... it remains to be seen which PDP dies first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My Pioneer is a PDP 5080. I love her. Going to move her to the bedroom if and when I decide to buy the Sammy. She won't get as much use in the bedroom therefore hopefully lengthening her lifespan.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
385 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
Why would Samsung care? They sold their TV. This is just a few owners who want to go above and beyond in hopes of keeping their TV running for as long as possible. No one is even claiming this will improve anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
Less heat is always a good thing. One fan venting out on top is not messing with air flow and only helping. I can not believe how hot the TV gets, Samsung should have put fans on it. Funny enough, it would have even drowned out some buzz noise
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top